Telangana Kanti Velugu Program – Free Complete Eye Check Up Scheme
Telangana govt. has Launched Kanti Velugu Program to accomplish “Avoidable Blindness Free” status. In this Free Complete Eye Check Up Scheme, govt. will perform Universal Eye Screening of residents to treat refractive blunders, waterfall and different afflictions. Additionally in this Light for Eyes Program, concerned experts will make a database of eye well being profile of residents connected to Aadhaar Number. All administrations will be given completely free of cost to profit 3.70 crore inhabitants.
Kanti Velugu Program 2018 will like wise incorporate appropriation of exhibitions and medical procedures to treat different eye issue. Boss Minister KCR has propelled this Universal Eye Screening Program in Malkapur Villages in Medak area on 72nd Independence Day i.e 15 August 2018.
GHMC, Self Help Groups and other income authorities will appropriate eye screening slips simply like circulation of voter slips. Eye Camps will be sorted out in different zones of the state for Universal Eye Care.
Telangana Kanti Velugu Program – Free Eye Check-Up Scheme
In This Program Free Eye Check up Scheme is a massive first of its kind initiative in the country to benefit 3.70 crore citizens. The main role of this Kanti Velugu Programme are as follows:-
- For Vitamin A deficiency and Eye infections, medicines will be provided free of cost.
- To educate people on prevention of serious eye disabling diseases.
- To conduct universal eye screening and vision tests for all citizens of the state.
- In case of refraction errors, spectacles will be provided free of cost.
- Surgeries will be organized in case of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinopathy, Corneal Disorders.
All the scheme/services to be provided are absolutely free of cost. This services will provide benefits to all residents irrespective of their Sociology-Economic status. Even a 30 day old baby can be treated for Retinoblastoma. This is an essential step as around 30% to 40% citizens in the state are suffering from eye problems.
Eye Camps under Kanti Velugu Programme
Various Eye Camps will be organized in different parts of the state to identify and treat eye disorders. Important features and facilities being provided to people at these Eye Camps are as follows:-
- Medical teams will conduct Eye Camps. Each Medical team will comprise of 1 Medical Officer, 2-3 MPHS (Male) & (Female), 1-2 Optometrists, Pharmacist, 2-3 ASHA Workers and 1 Data Entry Operator.
- Each team will get a full time vehicle and will be equipped with essential devices, materials and drugs to provide services.
- In Rural areas, Camps will be organized PHC-Wise in all Gram Panchayats in Rural areas. In GHMC areas and other Urban areas, camps will be held Ward Wise.
- Data of each person walking in for treatment will be captured electronically on a software. This will ensure tracking of follow up services for surgery and distribution of glasses accurately.
Expected Outreach of Kanti Velugu Programme Under
|Overall Population covered||3.5 Crores|
|Total Glasses / Spectacles to be provided||41,05,808|
|People to be given Primary Care||50 Lakhs|
|People to be given Secondary Care||3,31,178|
|Number of people to be given Tertiary Care||14,283|
Kanti Velugu Programme is expected that the total budget of this scheme will be around 106.84 crore. Out of this, the state govt. will provide Rs. 84 crore while the remaining amount of Rs. 24 crore will be tapped under National Health Mission.
For more details, see the official notification – Kanti Velugu Program Notification